View RSS Feed

title

description

1. Redeye: The First Test and Second Thoughts

“…All that thou commandest us we will do, and whithersoever thou sendest us, we will go.” – Joshua 1:16

“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” – Romans 8:28

The first scripture was our mission. The second one was part of my testimony. Little did I know that it would reverberate almost audibly in my spirit its undying truth all throughout my trip…and so soon.

We got ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Spiritual Bootcamp and Then Some...

Thought I'd take a break from the weekend of hardcore studying (haha) and post some more on my trip to Guatemala. I know, I am terrible...bear with me please.

It might be nice to introduce you to the team of Guatemala 08 before I talk about them. Actually, it'd be easier to understand some of the stories if you have a face to put to a name.

[IMG][/IMG]

From left to right, a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. They Came to Love And that was Enough

Don't read this unless you've already read the previous entry titled, "Understanding the Mission."

This is the article written by Ami, the Foursquare missionary we met down in Guatemala. Just thought I'd share her viewpoint on our being in Guatemala.

They Came to Love and That was Enough...
    Saturday, August 16, 2008

I just dropped a group of seven off at the airport early Monday morning. I had picked them up from the same airport
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Understanding the Mission

(I hope you guys are able to comment now, somehow I can't get it to work.)

Perhaps it is about time I start writing about my first mission trip to Guatemala. A dear friend gave me a phone call the other day and mentioned my blogs; he’s been patiently and kindly waiting to hear more about my trip. I have been home for about two months now from Guatemala, and I think it is due time to divulge some of my experiences and inner most thoughts on where my faith took me August 2008.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Beneath the Stairs

Stop and think of the little things in your life.

Sometimes the things that seem so small and that go overlooked in your day to day activity end up being some of the most beautiful, foundational, or the most important things in your life. So often we take the little things for granted; there seems to be much bigger, more important or worthier things that occupy our time.

Over the past couple of weeks I have learned to cherish the little things that happen in my life ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast