View RSS Feed

title

description

1. AAA Steals a Car

For B-Mental--One more story to tide you over for awhile so I don't run out.

This is probably my favorite personal story as all my negative qualities kicked in as a dispatcher with the following results.

There was a time when if a member wanted to leave the keys with a car and we had a reasonable location a plate number was not that big a deal. Keep that in mind.

The car to be towed, say a white 85 Ford Tempo is located ON the STREET BY the courthouse, ...
    Categories
  2. AAA Lockout Stories

B-Mental wanted some more AAA stories and since my soap opera life has been peaceful the past couple of days I'll indulge in favorite lockout stories:

Disclaimer: Some of these I may have referenced in past postings or blogs--the memory gets fuzzy sometimes. The stories are all true.

1. Member locked out of the car. Driver arrives. Looks carefully at the member. Reaches out his hand and picks up the car keys from the roof of the car and hands them to the member ...
    Categories
  3. AAA Stories

Today was pretty routine--did up one bag of sticks from the back yard before my back gave out and I've been nursing it all night at work.

Bob just left and I'll be here another hour. Vol 52 of Spurgeon's MTP showed up in the mail and this is the one that hits the big 3000 but that will be a bit in the future for reading --March I believe--haven't checked the calendar yet.

Over the years I've seen and heard of many roadside assistance incidents that have been funny, ...
    Categories
  4. Medical Cards

I have definitely bit off more then I can spit out. Oh for the simpler times of Ben Casey and Dr. Kildare (created by Max Brand by the way) or even Greg House proclaiming "It's not lupis."

I'm looking at Ruth's flash cards of Barron's Anatomy--264 full-color and if I can successfully pronounce more then 30 of them I'm smarter then I think.

For example: Articulations-hinge joint--#11--The Ulna--(Uma Thurman jokes come to mind) the only thing I know about ...
    Categories
  5. Peace and War

Well peace is restored in casa mtpspur. The long suffering wife is starting to share more about her classes with me. Dan had given her a Waldens Book card worth $30 for Christmas and she wanted to buy Grey's Anatomy but they did not have a copy. She bought some anatomy booklets and flash cards and we can have fun mispronouncing Latin names of fun body parts. To those that may worry about harmony in the household it is rare we quibble beyond a day. The Bible states "Let not the sun go down ...
    Categories