View RSS Feed

title

description

1. Saturday Hospice

Yesterday's blog entry was actually supposed to start off with this story but I got derailed in the usual way by focusing on one particular member. There were actually two other problems that came up (one very disturbing that has me of many minds and we'll get to that after a bit--and maybe some of the other ones.

Any long time readers or observers (and you know who you are Ms. Hawke) are aware that I am NOT a morning person so this time of day is fairly consistent for me being on ...
    Categories
  2. Saturday Grumps

Yesterday was quite a day. The quantity of the calls was not a problem but the quality was very lacking. I am occassionally considered hard hearted to the plight of the members whose dues keep me in honest employment though I have never been overly tempted by the dubious benefits of welfare and unemployment.

One of the calltakers had been doing a 13 hour shift when the hammer dropped on him. I had sent a truck over to move a car from the street to a garage. Simple. Ten minutes ...
    Categories
  3. Drop Out factory

I read the Dayton Daily each day picking and choosing which articles to read. Takes about 20 minutes, 30 if there is some such of sports scnadal to gloat over. TV news is rarely watched because of the way they hype the lead story: Could there be a financial windfall in your future?? Tune in to TV News Channel 7 and find out. Invariably it's a story about predatory lending or some John Doe getting a settlement check from a early retirement.

But --

House MD was ...
    Categories
  4. Friends and Nephews

The viewing for Mary Ann went well but I was not able to attend. It was a simple manner of sloppy weather, a 60 mile round trip drive and a quarter tank of fuel left in the 86 Grand Marquis. I often fantasize about having a working car that might be in the 90s but I'm determined to work some bills down before getting back onto the car payment plan. Ironically she had a great turn out from AAA employees that reflect the high regard we all had for her. AAA was even thanked in the obituary notice. ...
    Categories
  5. Parental Reflections

The oh so charming nephew Stephen called and we chatted a bit. His wife, Julie still will not come back or work on the marriage. This no longer surprises me as I've had to reevaluate her the past month or so. While sinned against and having a MAJOR right to be hacked off and expect a husband to ACT the part this 'tough love' process seems to have the effect of keeping the pot at a seething level rather then cooling things down.

When I moan and groan about my three guttersnipes in ...
    Categories