Blog Comments

Some years back, I thought I read this book. I enjoyed it from the get-go and had no trouble understanding it, Don Quixote's disgust with home life and how his adventure had begun. I got the idea right off that he wasn't tuned in to reality, but it was kind of refreshing in a Mr. Magoo kind of way.

I couldn't see why anybody had a hard time with it. Whats all the fuss? To me it was not much more than, "Go Dog Go", by PD Eastman. I figured I was a pretty smart guy – relatively.

Somehow, my mother and I got into an argument about how arduous a book it was. So finally I went and brought the book I had read to her. After all, I had gotten from my parents house. She laughed, and then pointed out how the book I held in my hand was a special edition for grade school children, being completely translated into words of one and two syllables.

Never argue with a librarian about a book
    It's just the original three.
    Are you just reading the original three books or the sequekls he added on YEARS later??? I have never read them -mostly because the overall plot idea made no sense to me-
    I have yet to ever tackle this one. Right now I have Asimov's Foundation series that I'm getting ready to start. With the time I have to read lately, that will take me... oh a year or two
    I really enjoy reading blogs about people's impressions of books as they read. It's like seeing thought manifest into learned knowledge. Keep 'em coming!
    I love how you identify with the man from La Mancha, Rich, and that it made you kind of examine yourself a little, too.

I never thought of Don Quixote as "the first role player of the modern age," but I do believe you're right.

I hope you will post more thoughts and continue reviewing it here as well as on Facebook! I would like to read Don Quixote someday (maybe someday soon! ).
    Whoa, now that is a great blog. May God be with your son, and he has my admiration and gratitude.
    This was a wonderfully written entry. It offers a lot of insight into things that many people would otherwise be unaware of. Hopefully some lighter and brighter things will enter his future soon though.
    Wow! This is a great blog entry! This seems like a boy who has turned into a man. Maybe you can take some credit for it.I also want to pay my respect to you and your son for serving in the military.
    That is a powerful story, Rich. No, war isn't pretty, but we as a country did insist on it, now, didn't we?

I know you are proud of your son, and I appreciate very deeply his service to our country. He handled the situation, ugly and distressing as it was, superbly. He did what had to be done. I'm glad he slept well.
    Quote Originally Posted by grace86
    Fiance number two - later Husband Number ONE!!!-was by far the right one at the right time and is the love of my life.
    I had a work acquaintance many years ago - I don't even remember his name any more - but he used to refer to his wife as his "first wife." He was only married once, and he had no intention of leaving her, but he said it kept her on her toes. Funny how I don't remember the name but I remember his running joke. I assume you don't intend to have more than one husband.
    Congratulations on your marriage, Grace. How fun to have a reunion of you old friends here on litnet!
    @ Virgil - boooo to not having a facebook! But you are one of the friends worth coming around litnet to visit with! Fiance number one was a bad choice that didn't work out. Fiance number two - later Husband Number ONE!!!-was by far the right one at the right time and is the love of my life. Hehehe...and he makes me completely sappy enough to say silly woman things like that. I even finished some Jane Austen novels because of him!
    @Grace
    I think you had told me you had broke up with the first one. I can't remember exactly if you mentioned anyone new. Perhaps you did. No I am not on Facebook.
    It's good to see you here my friend. I've been pretty quiet lately, but I have some new vacation pictures to show. Just as soon as I get them off my camera. Stay well and very much love to you
    Rich is fime Grace--I go by eiother here but thank oyu for giving the benefit of the doubt to privacy.
    Hello Virgil!!! I do hope that the fiance you remember is the one I married! Because there was a first fiance years and years ago that ended out badly.

My husband and I however hadn't been together for very long before we decided to get married, though maybe I mentioned him to you within the past year and a half or so. We just celebrated our one year anniversary on the fourth of July! Things are well

I shall give credit where credit is due Mtpspur (or can I use your real name on your blog?) and I do believe you have been instrumental in helping me grow and for always having such a fond notion of my character! Though I do continue to fall off that pedestal no matter how deserving you think I am!

Virgil - are you on facebook???
    Glad to be of help reuniting you two. And if I may say and I'm sure she'll agree I had a hand in her getting married--howbeit ever such a small part--but an important one.
    Well, well my dear Gracie! Married! I remember you were engaged. I assume this is the same person? Sounds like I would like your husband.

Sounds like things are really well for you. Bless you my friend and thanks for stopping by.
    Good to hear from you here dear friend. I think that's probably a very wise man with a sound perspective on who is good for you---lol.
Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast