View RSS Feed

title

description

1. It's Really Not My Fault It's All About Me

Give me enough time for quiet meditation and I'll have a rather ingenious explanation for why the sun comes up each morning for my benefit.

When I was a young Christian being despaired of by my instructors in the faith for a devotion to comics books that rivals the attachment to a certain well thought of literary moderator it would cross my mind they might have a point.

I likened it to watching soap operas. Just had to see what developments tomorrow would bring. Being ...

Updated 09-19-2010 at 12:59 AM by mtpspur

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Travel Account

Back in those long gone years in the Air Force occasionally I would be required to travel on government business which generally consisted of being sent to schools where the latest self help book criteria was spoon fed to us for six weeks.

Since these trips were a vacation from the real military way of life they have some very nice memories for me. Especially gratifying was upon returning to my home base I would be required to submit a travel voucher for expenses and paid a generous ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Yes I'm Alive--You Should Have Missed me Sooner

Blogging has been a bit slow these days. My life has been in a rut for a very long time which is my preferred state of existance but every now and again there are things that delight the heart and perk up the spirits.

Virgil and Pussinboots quest for their son and the happy conclusion and the begining of their new life together.

Andave Ya growing weekly as a sophmore at Patrick Henry and yet STILL delighted when I call her or vice versa.

My own son ...

Updated 09-14-2010 at 08:59 PM by mtpspur

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Writing A Book

Not me.

Face it the audience for the novelet My Life with Logos would be cost prohibitive plus her rebutal novel--The Delusions of a Litnet Maniac would probably be a best seller with movie and sequel rights and I would have to spend the rest of my life granting interviews with People magazine. Sigh--the price of fame.

However my son Daniel (aka Guttesnipe #2) is developing a book based on Peter Heller's In My Corner updated to cover 2000 boxers. It would be an introduction ...

Updated 09-06-2010 at 02:07 AM by mtpspur

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Ruth Gets a Job--The Drama Queen Version

I made an attempt to give the Long Suffering Wife her due and deliberately made it respectful, short and complete absence of teasing.

The Drama Queen was NOT amused. Already I have her whispering imprecations and rebukes in my ear for retiring Snapjaws one season ahead of his eventaul trip to a dump yard in lieu of a fellow who mows the lawn faithfully every two Thursdays.

And I pick NOW to behave on Litnet. For over a day now the mantra has been: Write the entry ...

Updated 07-17-2010 at 12:32 AM by mtpspur

Categories
    Uncategorized