Blog Comments

Thank you die Wanderlust--I was delighted with her books and though it took me a bunch of years to read her I think I needed to be 'ready' for her. So wish she had written more.
    I really appreciate this post because Jane Austen is an inspiration of an author. Her books bring out feelings that most cannot. My favorite novel by her would have to be Sense and Sensibility. There's just something about the contract between Elinor and Marianne, the way they see life and men. I haven't gotten to all of her books yet, but I'm making my way. Good to know there's more fans out there.
    Don Quixote is certainly an interesting character. I guess part of his "lunacy" is not wanting to grow up, but also maybe this is his last chance to live the life he really wanted. And I can't say I don't admire him for that - he achieved some amazing things in his quest.
    Thanks both of you for the feedback. After reading Stephanie Barron's Jane Austen Mystery series I thought it was high time I actually READ this esteemed lady. A great part of me wishes she had had a longer life and seen the fruits of her labor and how her fame has been richly deserved.
    I just read Mansfield Park in December. I loved it too! I've now read four of the seven and all are great reads. Funny comments Rich. Nice to see you.
    I enjoyed this very much. The Emma comment is especially apt.
    Thanks Rich.
    There was an American edition and a British edition. And yes it was the Simon Templar character. His creator Leslie Charteris was publishing new and old stories for the magazine and using a blend of new and old fiction form a wide range of writers. If oyu are interested there is a website called Galactic Central that has a HUGE inventory of as many LITERATURE magaznes that published short stories and covers to go with many of them. It's where I got originally my pictures of the Shadow pulp magazine for instance. It's divided by genre and alphabet. Enjoy--I think you'ld like it. You'ld be amazed how far back he goes.
    I didn't know they had a magazine of The Saint. That's in the character, Simon Templar, as The Saint? Did those authors write for the magazine or did the magazine excerpt parts of their fiction for it? Interesting.
    Glad you are back, I feel they will realize their mistake and be overcome with regret. I hope that you find a career where you will be happy, stress free and appreciated.
    Bah! Bah Humbug, I say, Rich. It's good to see you around again, but I wish the news were better. The same thing happened to my ex-husband's wife. I just hate that; they are so unconcerned with the disruption they cause in people's lives.

Anywho, in addition to call centers, of which there are many, you might check out convenience stores, or a mom and pop postal/shipping store.

I also found this, which I think is worth at least a look/see:

http://www.doleta.gov/seniors/
    Thanks Blue for your advice on editing and words of wisdom. Virgil--no bitterness this time around. I think the company made a mistake moving stuff and service has been suffering for awhile now just moving the calltakers. I sorely miss my routine and definitely dragging my feet job hunting. Getting a lot of reading done. I do believe they were generous about the severance -no complaints there and they provided a month;s free job consultant service whose main mission was to prepare a useable resume. My hopes are set on call center work.

Hope both of oyu and some others here are well. Will see if maybe I can slip back a little more often.
    Oh Rich, that must be bittersweet. Or perhaps it's just bitter. I hope it's not that. Perhaps it will all be for the best. All things in the end will come to good. I've got at least ten, but probably fifteen, years, before I can call it quits. It's always preferable to do it on one's own terms, but sometimes there are blessings in disguise. I wish you the best and you'll be in my prayers.
    I have little to no advice to nor a meaningful response to give, other that it's so nice to see you again I missed you. So. For advice, food for thought or just something to make you smile I'll turn to my fortune cookie fortune collection.

You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you.
    Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned.
    Everything in life is luck.
    Knowledge comes, but wisdom stays.
    Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.
    The sun will rise tomorrow and who knows what the tide will bring?
    Today's preparation determines tomorrow's achievement.
    Improvisation is the key to success.

I think that's enough "wisdom" for now. I hope at least one of these was helpful to you in some way.
    My personal favourite is , excellence is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.
    It really is nice to see you again
    Yes I KNOW I spelled Career wrong and I can't find the edit block---sigh--bad news my typing is no longer what it should be.
    Always nice to see you Rich, and best regards to you wife. Hope she makes in what she wants. Personally I would say a mundane life is a good life. Other than hitting a 200 million dollar lottery, exciting times usually don't mean good things.
    Thank you both. Me I'm fading into the background--my life really is a vey mundane routine one with occasional drama easily dealt with. Litnet will always hold a special place.
    Welcome back.
    Always wondering where a lot of posters I recognised when I first joined Lit Net had gone.
    Hey! It's good to hear from you, Rich. I'm so glad things are going well! It feels good not to owe money, doesn't it? Hope the massage therapy thing works for your wife. It appears to be a burgeoning field, anyway.
    Nice to see you again.
Page 1 of 79 1234561151 ... LastLast