Blog Comments

Hey, mir, it was good to hear from you! I am so glad that you are happy at last with your family away from home. I felt bad for you that you were so unhappy. You take care.
    Great photos Mir. My brother was an exchange with the University in Trento. Don't worry about your absences from lit net. It's natural. Just return with more great picturse.
    Congrats! Sounds like an awesome trip, and I'm glad you made the right decision for you in the end.
    That sounds great, all this travelling you do and the people you meet!
    Stay. =] I think a lot of your problems probably come from cultural differences. Have fun, stay safe, and learn.
    I am leaning towards staying, as the others have said. I think, too, that the different culture might add to your 'flounderings' -- in North America, the way that things go seem so slack and laid back, and it is a bit more rigid there? Well, I am not there, so I can only speculate. But it sounds like you have a decent communication base with the host mom, so hang in there, mir! You have us to talk to, too!
    Personally I tend to be a believer in the dealing with the hand that got dealt to me. I favor sticking it out. I would attempt to remain true to your value system but also be the best 'daughter' you can be within the parameters you perceive. Frankly I believe if you cut and run the only lesson you have learned is that it's easy to walk away when the going gets annoying. What then will happen when you face a r-e-a-l problem. As to your mother I salute the fact she's taken on the responsibility--presuming her arm wasn't twisted and there's no money involved--of having you in her life. Enjoy and learn. You'll like yourself better for having stuck with it. With respect-Rich
    Tough call mir. It sounds like they've invested a lot (I don't mean money but effort and emotion) into helping you. If you think it would be best for them, then I can understand it. Perhaps you should ask if they think it's working out. Otherwise it sounds like a typical mother-daughter relationship. I've never known a teenage daughter not to argue with her mother. I would lean toward staying, but it's hard not being there in your shoes.
    I say stick it out. I think that learning to get along with another family is part of the experience. Most of the time there are little tensions to work through. It's hard on you to be there and it's hard on them to take in a new member, but ultimately you will all benefit from the experience. Good luck and remember to keep communications open with her. I'm sure it will work out.
    Stunning,mir!
    Those pics of florence make me want to go there again so much! I remember dragging my friend to the piazza san marco to visit an old monestry just so i could see the Annunciation by Fra Angelico. It was amazing!
    WOW! I loved the pictures.
    Yes indeed -- great pictures! And how are you finding the language, mir? I think that it is very cool that you can go off and study in a foreign place (and Italy? wow, I'd love it!)
    Great pictures Mir. Thanks. It brought back some memories.
    Thanks kiz!!! David was - well, mostly Michelangelo's statue of David; and also a bit how I was feeling at that time, having to change myself quite a lot to fit in, and not even really being able to talk!

As for the riddle - keep guessing I won't post the answer here, but if you or anybody wants it and can't get it, send me a PM!

*hugs kiz for such sweet responses*
    mir, these poems were fantastic. You led the reader right to the bitter end in A gradual dismemberment, I was amazed at how easily you took me to dust wow! The English as a Second language was very cute, I enjoyed that a lot. In Cieco, the ending was so pretty, how well put.

David I was not sure of who he was, but it sounds like you are indeed a spunky person, to put up such a fight!

In The New-Age Teenager you give a light-hearted wording to the problems that face our world, and made a very enjoyable read. The ending was really good, bravo!

I really loved Indian Giver; I wanted to say that this one was my favorite posted today! Well done indeed. A Small Farewell was short and sweet, the ending was well said. And finally, about that riddle ... hmmmm, may I venture that it is something about teeth, maybe a toothbrush, or toothpaste??
    Wow, mir, it was a hard transition. But I guess that had to be expected. So that was your first month. I hope it's gotten easier. I bet you know Italian well by now. Best of luck, and i'm sure the hard part is over by now. i hope you were able to make friends. I'm sure it got a little easier. I found Italians to be quite friendly.
    Hi Mir. This is certainly some adventure for a person of your age. You will be much stronger for it. Glad you stopped back.
    *dances because I got the first comment!*
    welcome back! But on your profile, it says you're sixteen... how can you foreign exchange if you're not 17 or 18? At my school, only seniors get to exchange...
    You are incredibly random, aren't you??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast