View RSS Feed

Scribblings

description

1. Assenzi!

by , 03-11-2008 at 11:19 AM (Scribblings)
    Yep, I'm skipping again. I don't seem to be able to remain on LitNet for long each time I come back! Anyways, I'll be back here by the end of the month, or the beginning of April, hopefully.

I've just come back from a trip to Trento, in the north of Italy, which has to be one of the most beautiful places in the world. Each place in Italy is more beautiful than the next! Trento is a little town surrounded by mountains. It's not far away from Riva del Garda, the largest lake ...
    Categories
  2. Not exactly :)

by , 02-16-2008 at 07:15 PM (Scribblings)
    A problem:

My host family here and I get along, generally. Certainly I'm not as nuts about them as I am about my family back in the United States. But 5 months after I became their new "figlia", I still fight with my mom about one thing or another several times a week. I'm not a very responsible person, and my casa here seems to have rules about everything, which I always end up forgetting, or generally doing something wrong. It's really tiring! Plus, I always feel like ...
    Categories
  3. some Italy pics

by , 02-05-2008 at 06:25 AM (Scribblings)
    More to come soon, I hope! If you want to see them all, I've set up a site - http://afs.curcogito.com/

Albano Laziale and Arricia, the province between Albano and my school:

Lots of graffiti in Italy

And the group of ...
    Categories
  4. Poems while in Italy

by , 02-01-2008 at 02:14 PM (Scribblings)
    I don't want to clutter up the forums with awful poems by putting all these up but if you'll have fun reading them, please enjoy! These are from the start of my exchange in September 2007.

A gradual dismemberment

First, the legs
    When I can no longer walk to home
    Or board a bus
    Across wide seas –
    The arms go with my family
    My friends; useless here
    Hugs lack strength.
    Like me, they are ghosts
    Memories ...
    Categories
  5. Mass-email for the 1st month in Italy

by , 01-29-2008 at 01:26 PM (Scribblings)
    To figure out why I'm posting this, see the entry below this. Enjoy!

Month no. 1 (sent at the beginning of October)

A bella! (Romana dialect for "hi!")

I was planning to send this on the 5th, that being the day I left and started out on all of this. However, my calendar-reading skills failed me and I didn't realize what day it was. Then I decided to write on the 6th, that being the day I arrived in Italy. I ended up going ...
    Categories
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast