Blog Comments

There is something universal about Night of the Living Dead. What a great concept.
    Nice Virg

That dream actually put me in a great mood! Jersea that's too funny. He should start compiling them in a notebook or something.
    My husband has zombie dreams. He loves them and usually has interesting plot to share.
    You should enjoy this then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gUKvmOEGCU

I've always found I've been sleeping the best with those kinds of dreams. They always seem to be along the same lines as the zombie apocalypse type ones too. Hmm . . .
    You know it actually was a confidence booster! I mean I was scared in the dream but also really mad and sort of, indignant I don't know, but I've never gotten an adrenaline rush from a dream before!
    Those are the best dreams though! That little self-confidence booster usually does wonders to start my day off!
    And pressure (like zombie apocalypses) tend to bring out the best in folks, even if they don't expect it from themselves.
    I hear you on leaving friends. It kind of tugs at the heart. I would hate to lose all my lit net friends.

I can't speak to the art world and advance degrees. In engineering, it was a rough rule to go to work and get experience than go to grad school. (1) Some people are not cut out for grad school, (2) the amount a person earns with a master's is not much more than a bachelor's, so you lose at least two years salary to get a few thousand dollars extra starting salary. (3) Experience trumps schooling so a person with those two years experience earns the same as the master's starting out. So in engineering it was (perhaps it's changed now, I'm referring to 20 years ago) best to get a job and then go to grad school at night. Some jobs even pay for grad school.

I would love to see pictures.
    Oh dear! sounds like you have a bit of a conumdrum Higs. Welcome back from Africa btw. I saw your piccys in the Photo album thread. they were very nice.
    Tough one. Cna't give you any advice there, except to see if you can find some grants to help defer the expense. And can you work as a graduate assistant? Or would it be better to have a job outside of school that pays more? I don't know as I haven't done the school thing in a long time.

Yes, it is hard to leave new friends behind. I would even venture to say it's a bit of a trauma, a shock, a tearing loose of a beloved structure. Be kind to yourself for the next little while.

Looking forward to the picture-maybe some good art will come of the experience...
    Awesome story! Got to hand that one down!
    !
    Thanks guys. Now you know what to say to somebody when they annoy you.
    I love that story. very funny
    I'll have to remember that line, too funny!!!
    Oh Higley, I can't imagine you saying that. Very funny.
    Higley, your writing style is great, and I like your 'voice'!
    Hahaha!!!
    Would love to hear about that Nightie.
    I am a librarian now! well qualified have yet toi be employed in the capacity, but as a library assistant I have to say fines as long as you are willing tpo pay them are GOOD for the libraray, I mean as long as you don't hit the £100 mark.
    That is when I get scraed of the customers, who occasionally have been known to throw books at me in anger.

Virgil there is NO such thing as a stupid question. I was once asked if we still used library scans or if we had moved on to retina scan technology!

Actually I should post a blog from a librarian perspective, about hiding under the counter when scray customers come in! ( this is not a lie I have done this in the past but I have more confidence now )
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast