PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

maria angel
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
I have to say thas I loved this book.I don't understand why you would not love this book.JUst because the author gives a detailed description of what is happening and how they survived does not mean that the book is boring.For me to read a writer is not just to get an idead of what he says but to venture with him in his company.I think it nessecary to give these detailed explenations.By adding detailes like how the settlers made clothes and gunpowder with the help of the engineer and what nature has to offer seems very important.Any book for example this one,if it didn't have any detailed explenations about how they survived or created things together,it would be soo simple.IT would not expand your knowledge and imagination about things.While reading this book i learned alot of things,like how to make gunpoder and soap and clothes if you are straded on an island.All of these things might come in helpfull at one time.When an author adds explanations like Jules Verne did in this book,you know that you are learning alot of things.

Janay
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I didn't care for this book at all. Yes, it was quiet interesting with all of the dangers the settlers had to overcome, but I thought that this book was too detailed. It would take an/all objects and describe it extremely too much, to the point that it has (this is an example) described the way the object looked at an 36.5 degree and when facing the su, the sea, the woods, etc. I thought that the was not in any way called for.