PDA

View Full Version : boring

Cree
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
Apparently, by your grammer and use of language- you and your whole 9th grade should be grateful for having the chance to read a book such as this. Yes, Old English may be hard to read, but it's not as hard to read as your english is. And having a name like "Dick", back then wasn't odd. It wasn't stupid either. Being a tenth grader myself, it's sad to see what intelligence has been put to waste. You should read more often- it's good for you.

Bob Stevenson
07-28-2003, 01:00 AM
Angel, perhaps you should read this book again. You may just learn something about using correct grammar. If Old English is too difficult for you, maybe you should just keep reading Tiger Beat and People. Just a thought.

Emily
09-11-2003, 01:00 AM
I agree With the others replies to this. I had to read this for school myself. At first I didn't like it because it was hard to understand But once I got into it. It was easy to fall in love with. Read it again with an open mind and see how you like it.

Unregistered
09-13-2003, 01:00 AM
Okay, so you didn't like the Black Arrow, though you might have liked it better if you'd tried a little harder to get used to the old language. <br><br>I suggest that instead of throwing it away, though, you donate it back to the school library (or your public library). Or better yet, since the book has no worth at all to you, offer it up on Amazon, ebay, or Barnes and Noble for a couple of dollars (just to pay the shipping). There are a lot of people out there who can't afford to buy books and would love to have their own copy of the Black Arrow. Or...keep it until you're an adult; later on who knows: it may become your favorite book!

Unregistered
06-03-2004, 01:00 AM
For someone who is in the 9th grade you realy are an idiot...

Mike
04-09-2005, 05:30 PM
The fact that you closed your comment with the phrase "so holla back youngin" pretty much says it all.

angel
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
u need to fix the english in this book cause it is old we 9th graders tha read the book HATEd it from the prolouge to the end it has no point my school wasted there money on these books cause all were gonna do is throw then away after school is over so holla back youngin

FlaminGamer
05-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Finally, someone who sees it my way. But, I must sadly disagree with Angel.

I'm an 8th grader, homeschooled, and my homeschoolers program required this for reading during the school year.

When I first picked up the book---I have a bad habit of doing the following---I took a sour attitude toward it. I will admit the Old English wording is a bit..complex, for kids our age, but still, you people have a point: It can become exciting.

another thing is length, the book is pretty long/thick, however Robert Louis Stevenson is a great author and I have enjoyed many of his novels.

So to angel: Don't rant about the book yet, read it again, that's what I'm doing: I read 3 chapters, didnt understand a word, but I'm starting it over AGAIN, and its starting to piece together ;)