PDA

View Full Version : How many MR HYDEs...

Rervus Báxelles
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
To me, it seems we all have a Mr Hyde inside, don't we? The question is: HOW MUCH FREEDOM ARE WE GOING TO GIVE HIM? In fact, I believe that in this world sometimes we have to indulge him - of course, not so literally as it's in the book. I'm not good enough at English to explain it, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Of course, there will be many people who will reply angrily that we should always resist temptations. Before openong their mouth they should consider carefully their life so far: are they absolutely convinced they've always been or, at least, they've always wanted to be angels?<br>However, hence comes another question: when to stop with these presents which, despite being small, can convert us into monsters? The answer is not simple - if we could all find it, there wouldn't be so many suffering people in teh world. On the other hand, there is a cure for Dr Jekyll's transformation - I'm talking about LOVE. Love changes people and makes them better. I could say many things about love, but I'm sure poets have always done it better, so I just want to end with a quotation from a book which, I believe, you all have read - ¨listen to your heart and you'll learn how to undersand the Language of the Universe¨ That young shepherd, who left his quiet and peaceful life and sold his sheep to follow his Faith and realize his dream, taught me something very important - don't ignore ¨your good self¨ and you'll become a better person! <br>I believe one of the main reasons for Mr Hyde's apparition is the wrong actitude of Dr Jekyll towards life and his excessive respect of society norms but... well, if I'm not right it might be because I had too many unfamiliar and new words in the book and so I might have understood some things incorrectly, especially at the end. So, if there are too many stupid things in these lines, I beg to be excused as I just wanted to share my impressions...