PDA

View Full Version : Different

Unregistered
09-11-2003, 01:00 AM
You need to re take your spelling classes, no wonder you didn't like the book, your review is so full of mistakes that it shows you can't be very intelligent.

Unregistered
02-21-2004, 02:00 AM
Anonymous that's kind of harsh what if they don't speak english very well. Plus you don't know the person so you should not judge people.

Unregistered
05-16-2004, 01:00 AM
I'm reading the book and I simply don't hate it, I don't love it but I don't hate it. It's not that good but it's not that bad. That's all there is to say.

Unregistered
I agree. But don't take it harshly. I can be pretty careless about my spelling too sometimes! (Especially on the computer! haha!) But everyone makes mistakes every once and awhile if not more often. But it might've been easier to understand the book the first time you read it if you had payed more attention. Just an observation. Hope you enjoy it the next time you read it!

Unregistered
Tom Sawyer, in my opinion, was way better than thPrince and the Pauper! But they were both pretty good.

Fed Up With AR!
I don't think that teachers should make you read these books. They should encourage it but not force you to. You just don't enjoy it as much (or atleast I don't!) And AR tests are,in my opinion, completely unacceptable! It's just an alternative to book reports and it's just because the teachers have more technology now, so they don't have to get off their lazy behinds to grade some book reports because they've got AR tests (this only relates to some teachers).

Jeffa
06-03-2004, 01:00 AM
I agree, your spelling is absolutely horrible and is an absolute pain to read. Given you are in year eight you should be able to spell 'early', 'great' and especially "Tom Sawyer". When I read your comment, I wondered why you at first found the book "boring", but it then came as a shock to me that you then changed your mind. You clearly could not of fully understood the basic plot let alone the immense complexities contained inside of it given your lack of basic english. I suggest you stop wasting other people's time on a site which pays tribute to some of the best writers of all time, who could of easily spelt 'maybe' at your age.

Marina K
02-05-2005, 09:24 PM
I fully agree timing is important, it happened to me as well! Some books I found boring at the beginning, later became my favourite ones; and others had to be down-graded after a couple of years. So perhaps you should not discard Tom Sawyer - just try it again in a couple of years! :)

Unregistered
02-05-2005, 09:24 PM
and maybe if you learned to read and spell correctly, it wouldn't be so hard???

Unregistered
03-20-2005, 06:41 PM
Excuse me, but if you are rude enough to say something like that, maybe you need some lessons in manners. If you ask me YOU are the one that isnt very intelligent. What we need in the world today is a little less of the people like you who are rude to people they've never even met just for the heck of it. SO how about thinking about how you would feel if someone said something like that to you instead of opening your big fat mouth!

Miss Sara
03-21-2005, 02:34 PM
I agree with the second anonymous. It reminds me of the proverb, son't judge a book by its cover

Marianna K
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
When i was in year 5 (5th grade) we had to read this book, and i found it very very boring! The rest of my family however injoyed the book very much. I just coudent read it, i found it hard and boring. So i chetet by just watching the movie! Now i an in year 8 and resently i came acrosse the movie on tv, and i got verry in to it and now i am reading the book again and i absolutly love it. I think that it was a mistake of my teacher to make us read it so erly. Because now i see it as a grate book and i will read it again and again. To be honest i found Tom Sawyr much more boring! So maby if you dont like it now you should try to read it acouple years later and maby you will change your mind like i did!

RJbibliophil
06-28-2006, 08:49 PM
Although I think all this bickering and complaining and insulting is ridiculous. I agree with Marianna, that I found this book better than Tow Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn, but I read this book in 6th(?) grade, and the other two quite a few years before, so it may be understandable. No one told me to read the books either. Books will be hard to understand and like if the matter is too difficult for you to fully understand.