PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Miss Sara
03-21-2005, 02:34 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I believe that this book is truely one of my favorites, simply because of the glimmer of hope and optimism that prevails throughout its entirety. Those two boys, thrown into such a tremendous quandery as far as situations go, face struggles and hardships, yes, but also learn what it really should mean to be king. Tom always thought of being royalty simply as one who goes about in excessive luxury and does whatever he wants. Quickly, he finds out that a king is also the keeper of his people, and a people who should be delt with justly and compassionately. Tom was a merciful ruler because he knew the suffering of the commoner. Edward, on the other hand, didn't have any idea about what horrible lives his people were living, and being thrown into the middle of all of that touched his heart and made him a gentle and sympathetic king. This book is a masterpiece, one that closely resembles a fairytale and yet has a realism to it that makes it believable and engaging. I feel sorry for those who cannot see that.