PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
03-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Classics are not just books that are interesting. The definition of a classic is "a book that survived the test of time". A classic could be one that told what life was REALLY like back in a certain time period. Why is it that these days, people only like something if it brings entertainment? Why can't we enjoy learning every once in awhile too? Yeah, I probably sound like some sort of teacher or something, but I'm not. I'm in 9th grade, & what I'm saying is Americans today need to stop looking for things to entertain themselves & start being thankful that they are even able to read! They need to be thankful that they have the chance to be able to learn things about another time period. I'm not trying to criticize you, but it's something to think about.

Unregistered
03-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Classics are not just books that are interesting. The definition of a classic is "a book that survived the test of time". A classic could be one that told what life was REALLY like back in a certain time period. Why is it that these days, people only like something if it brings entertainment? Why can't we enjoy learning every once in awhile too? Yeah, I probably sound like some sort of teacher or something, but I'm not. I'm in 9th grade, & what I'm saying is Americans today need to stop looking for things to entertain themselves & start being thankful that they are even able to read! They need to be thankful that they have the chance to be able to learn things about another time period. I'm not trying to criticize you, but it's something to think about.

Horny Potter
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
To say the truth, this book is a rather boring book. It does not have really exciting parts in the book and it does not pull the reader right into the story itself. Aren't classical novels suppose to do that? If it isn't that I have to read it for my school project, I would of dumped it somewhere. I have also read some of the other works of Mark Twain but they were all alright. Anyways, I just have to say, Mark, you really did fail on this one.