PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

emma
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I got this book after seeing - and loving - the new film version. At first I was intimidated by its length but as soon as I started reading it I was hooked and have hardly put it down until about 2 hours ago when i finished it, much to my disapointment. In some ways I really wish it could have gone on for a lot longer and I'm going to miss it a lot during the next while. I've chosen it for my personal study book for English Higher though so the withdrawal symptoms shouldn't be too bad for another while.<br>My favourite aspect of the book was watching Monte Cristo's plans for revenge unfold and how different, seemingly insignificant incidences all came together to form the punishment for his enemies. I also liked the way that the ending wasn't entirely happy - the pain still present between Mercedes & Edmond is truer to life than many books wherein everyone gets back together at the end and are very happy.<br>I am almost afraid to watch the film again because I know how much of the novel it missed out and am sure I won't enjoy it as much now.