PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm not even half way through the novel and I can tell you already that it is one of the most brilliantly written books I have ever read. I began reading 'The Count of Monte Cristo' because my English teacher took my class to the school's library and said that we had to find a book, read it, and then give an oral presintaion. Since our high school library isn't that large and I, being a particuarly picky reader, (I enjoy the classics and historical fiction) had a hard time finding a book that I thought that I would enjoy. When I came across 'The Count of Monte Cristo' it said that it was a classic and I had heard of the movie so I decided to take a chance and read it. Now that I have I love the book! I also can't wait to read the unabridged version. Also, I would like to read 'The Three Musketeers'. Alexdre Dumas was an exceptional writer and playwrite. In my opinion 'The Count of Monte Cristo' should be read by anyone who loves a good action novel as well as a novel in which you can actually loose yourself in the characters and find a little bit of yourself in. 'The Count of Monte Cristo' in my opinion will always be thought of as a classic work of literature, just as Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet is a classic of dramatic theater.