PDA

View Full Version : Count of Monte Christo

Nick
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Plot? GREAT!<br>Characters? Well defined, but perhaps too many.<br>Ending? hah, this was absoulutely horrible. Dumas ripped off one of the greates writers of all time (Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet) but took a classic tragedy and made it a happily-ever-after. I love the book (the movie is better in my opinion though) though Dumas should have come up with an origonal ending.

gamergirl216
09-18-2005, 11:42 AM
the ending was not a rip off of shakespere!!! this was a totally different ending. how do you get happily ever after with the count of monte cristo is something else i don't get!

T.zahn
10-06-2005, 05:21 PM
i agree with Nick, very good plot, exciting suspenseful, horrible ending. Not exactly cut and pasted out of shakespeare."And They All lived Miserably for the Rest of Thier Live, The ONes That Survived, Anyway.
LE FIN" ending was horrible. good till the last chapter, though perhaps more realistic. ITs the eternal balance between whats right/whats coolest.

Nycki
11-30-2005, 04:06 AM
Who or wot was Le Fin?

Nycki
07-29-2006, 04:42 PM
Nick and T.zahn...why was the ending so horrible to u? Are u hopeless romantics who so desperatly needed the characters to all live happily ever after? Would it have been respectful to the REAL man who had this story happen to him if the ending had been fairytale? In wot way was it a rip off of other stories??

closedbyrequest
12-15-2006, 10:11 AM
I think it summed up the theme quite well. While Dantes had wanted revenge so much for so long, he ended up pardoning the final victim.

"Wait and Hope". Can you think of another phrase that would have gotten Dantes through 14 years of prison?