PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Lacey
02-21-2004, 02:00 AM
The cardinal was the head of the church in France, also known as your exelency, just like the queen was your majesty. (what the king was called just got lost in all the turmole in my head, sorry)<br><br><br><br><br><br><br> Your history freak<br> Lacey

Elrond
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
In response to Anonymous, about Athos, I can see where you're coming from. Athos did have a strange history, being with Lady de Winter for a while. This made him the way he was in The Three Musketeers. I do agree that duelling is not the best way to solve arguments, as it often makes the arguements worse, like in Romeo and Juliet, but there is more to Athos than duelling. Remember in the beginning of the book when Athos, Porthos and Aramis were getting ready to fight d'Artagnan? Athos said that the reason why he was fighting d'Artagnan was that d'Artagnan had hurt his shoulder. Aramis was fighting d'Artagnan because of another reason, not made known to Athos or Porthos at this time. Porthos said that he was fighting d'Artagnan because he just felt like fighting him.<br><br>Also, does anyone know what the big deal about the Cardinal is? I know almost nothing whatsoever about the Roman Catholic Church and all of that. I mean, I know that in the Three Musketeers, he's kinda important, and a rival of Monseuir de Tréville, but what part did the real Cardinal play in history during that time period?