PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
04-16-2003, 01:00 AM
Hi.<br>They where real, but it´s not surten wether they where named Aramis, Athos and Porthos.<br>D´Artagnan´s real name is Charles de Baatz and he died as it is explained in the book.<br>Not all the story´s are real though, the story with the queens diamants is fiction and wether Mylady actually existed is not for sure either. Nore her son.<br>It´s rumors even today if the queen had any affair with Mazarin but it´s not for sure, and the it´s the same with Buckingham. <br>Buckingham did get killed by a man named John Felton allthough wether Mylady was in it or not is probablyt not true.<br>I´m not sure if Raoul did existed but Louise de la Valliére did and she was the mistress of Louis XIV.<br>All the story´s that involve politics like the battle at La Rochelle, the death of Buckingham, Louis XII, the story´s around Richelieu, is true.<br><br>One thing with Nicolas Fouquet and Aramis scheeming together, is that Fouquet had someone helping him, but they don´t know who... could be Aramis...<br><br>The man in the iron mask is also a true story but even today no one knows who he really was and the story in the book is mainly fiction.<br><br>But the dates and years of every historical event is true.

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
P.S. His wife did something horribly wrong... with the Punishment being death. Being a Musketeer it was hit duty. That's why she had that tatoo.. I haven't read the book in a while...

Unregistered
09-11-2003, 01:00 AM
Yup, you've got it right.. <br><br>Dumas only knew him through Gatien Courtilz de Sandras' fictional 'Memoirs de M. d'Artagnan', published in 1700. D'Artagnan's friends were real Musketeers named: Aramand de Sillegue d'Athos d'Autville, Issac Portou and Henri d'Aramitz, but Dumas knew them only from a single reference in the Memoirs de M. d'Artagnan, as Athos, Porthos and Aramis.<br><br>Hope that helps<br><br>www.ally.nu

Joe Decker
03-14-2005, 02:43 PM
According to my sources, only two of the four musketeers were musketeers at the same time. (But I can't remember which two...) Additionally, it seems that almost all of them died of disease or dueling...

someone
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
you know, it's quite sad that people nowadays don't read so much, they think it's boring and they just ignore books instead of discovering the truth themselves. i like reading a lot, especially historical novels, and 'The Three Musketeers' was a really good book. I also read "Twenty Years Later" and "Le Vicomte de Braggelonne" (is it spelled that way??) and I enjoyed the whole story, although the end was quite sad. Anyway, I would like to ask the few readers of this message somehing :<br>Were the 3-4 musketeers real or not?? They must have existed, otherwise the author hadn't had the subject of the novel, and i'm sure that must have inserted some fiction in it, but how much fiction?<br>if anyone would be so kind to answer me, i would be very grateful.<br>thank you.<br><br>yours,<br>Evelynn