PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Bejipan
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I am an 8th grader reading this book. It is pretty good if you like 19th century pieces. I though, think that 19th century books have too many details. In the chapter The Garden (I think it's called) there is six pages just about the chickens. Near the beginning of the book I could probably have counted how many times Hepzibah sighed. Work like this often makes me drift away from the words and start thinking about what other homework I have to do, or what I am going to wear the next day. It is hard to concentrate on and there is no way anyone could manage to read the whole book while keeping score on a soccer game or something. This takes all of my being and conscious to read it, but there are good points about HO7G as well.<br>I love the symbolism that fills this book. As was said before, you can tell what was happening in history if you take the time to digest everything. Also, the quotes are marvelous, "god hath given him blood to drink."<br>The words, while so many make such a rich soup, which is why I think it is a classic. So read if you dare.