PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
10-11-2002, 01:00 AM
Horrible! I am so appalled! This statement needs to be supported..

Unregistered
11-23-2002, 02:00 AM
This was standard reading for my eighth grade students when I taught English<br>over twenty years ago. They never had a problem reading or understanding it. Perhaps more attentive reading and less complaining would help your "horable" (sic) spelling.

Unregistered
12-19-2002, 02:00 AM
Yeah

Unregistered
02-06-2003, 02:00 AM
this is a book which can be viewed from many different perspectives and is difficult to grasp (hense me being awake at 1am finishing an essay on it for tomorrow), but if you're going to call one of the greatest pieces of American literature 'horrible', you need to at least be able to back up the argument!!! Never mind spell the word!!

Unregistered
02-06-2003, 02:00 AM
I have been trying to read this book for over a month now, and Ihave to say " It really sucks!!!"<br>

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 01:00 AM
This book was done in the mid-17th century. I can see how you don't like it; Hawthorne takes his sweet time describing the characters. This is actually a good book, if you take the time to sit back and read. Hawthorne's style casts the characters and the setting in a picture of words, so take your time and read it. <br><br>PS: I hated this book too, when I first read it.

Unregistered
This book takes a while to get through. If you look at the plot more than the imagery, then you lose a lot of the book. Sit somewhere comfortable, lay back, play some EXTREMELY easy music (think classical here) and read. Take your time too, it's actually a pretty good book. If after reading this you don't like the book, back up why you don't like it. These books require patience to get through. I know; I went through the same thing.

manda
I can see how one could make this statement, even though I somewhat enjoyed the book (only because it ended happily). There were times at 2:00 in the morning that I wanted to shoot my self in the eye, but all and all it was not that bad (in the case of required summer reading, that is).

Majie
04-28-2005, 10:46 AM
I am reading this book at the moment as required summer reading for my a.p english class. I agree it is a very difficult book to get through. I have found myself reading and re-reading several parts in the first chapter due to lack of comprehension. If i do have the time to sit and read slwoly and grasp each and every concept i find myself accomplishing more than the norms.

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:03 PM
I have a test on this book in three days and I haven't read very much of it and that is saying something. I can read a 500 page book in about half a day depending on how much I like the book. This book has been horable I can hardly get through a page of it with out thinking " What junk" and having to put it down. I have tried to read it over 15 times and still can't get my self more then a page and a half at a time.