PDA

View Full Version : identifying

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I am a true Jane Austen fan. I have always said that I only have three requirements for a husband: that he be tall enough that I can wear big heels and feel comfortably shorter than him, that he promises to weigh more than me when I'm pregnant and thirdly that he watch all of the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice with me. I finally found such a man, with several other good qualities as well - and then, he turns out to be my Willoughby. I feel like Marianne right now and am dying of my broken heart that consumes my very being. Yet, I, like Marianne, have much to blame on my own behavior. <br> I was always heartbroken for her when I read Sense and Sensibility or saw the movie. I never liked her final match and in the book I cried when finding out that Willoughby truly loved and still loves her. I always felt that they were truly meant to be and that she could never be fully happy in her final choice. <br> Of course, perahps that is why I have such a hurt right now - because I too am ruled by emotion and maybe I have not yet learned the lesson of Sense and Sensibility. I just want my Willoughby to suprise me and be a Darcy instead.<br><br>