PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Alandra
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Jane Austen certainly has a passion for what she writes, which is what makes her such a succesful author. This novel shows what true friendship is, what makes a friend and what can break a friend. In friendships, everyone struggles, but if you can be truly honest in errors and triumphs, that is when you will find an everlasting friendship. Being annoyed with someone can be overcome if you decide within your heart that, no, I cannot say such things because Jesus Christ is also in this person and He has given this person a life too, that is when, you become victorious, even though nobody can see your efforts. <br>This is what I was thinking when Emma expressed her feelings about Miss Bates in front of everyone. These feelings could have been contained, but if you can say such things about others, then it is really you who has the problem. Emma's problem, was that she did not know the real meaning of love and friendship. Mr Knightly shows heroism in the next scene as he courageously tells Emma the truth, which hurts, but she is then strenghtened, because now she knows that she has an unrested heart. Helping people is good, but helping them in the wrong way is another story. <br>Emma made matches because she thought everybody ought to be happily married, but she forced unhappiness in people's lives because she was not really looking for true love. <br>This novel expresses many areas and I think that if anyone is to consider reading it, you have to learn to see past superficiality and really look inside the hearts of the charactors to understand the whole book.