PDA

View Full Version : my opinion..

05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
1984 is an interesting novel. It shows a very different view of how the world could of turned out. It depicts the year 1984 as a slightly (stressing that word) twisted world, under total domination of a few leaders. In Oceania's case, that group is the party. The three main powers are always at war, and who is fighting who changes quite often, at least in the real world. In the history books, text is re-written everytime a change happenes. The previous never took place, never was real, was only something the people thought up. Whatever the party says is what is true; if they hold up four fingers and ask a person "How many?" the person replies "Five." If anyone is suspected of plotting against the government, the thought police take them away. They restore you to the status of a "good" citizen, release you, and then kill you later. Or, they kill you and you never are released back to the public. It all depends on what they wish to do with you. 1984 is a very different perspective on how life could of been. Although it was not my favorite book, I would recommend it as a worthwhile novel.