PDA

View Full Version : assignment

Unregistered
09-13-2003, 01:00 AM
Well, for one thing "1984" and "The Matrix" have very much in common.<br><br>1. Both have society of oppressed people.<br>2. Big Brother is evident in both books.<br>3. Power. Much of both books is spent on "Power". Who will be in power of people and society, the world.<br>4. Each story has one character who alters the direction of the society.<br>5. Each story has a battle between good and evil.<br>6. Each story has very negative opinions about technology and the future of the world.<br>7. Each story has political battles as well.<br><br>There are differences of course, but that is because George Orwell's "1984" is a more pessimistic look at the future of mankind and "The Matrix" has a brighter view.

Unregistered
06-03-2004, 01:00 AM
Currently i am doing an essay for my liturature class and i am comparing "Enemy of the state" to the 1984. I believe this movie has more similarities than the matrix. If you comparing the matrix with 1984, then you have go into philosophy ( Rene Descartes).

Sarah
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I am doing an assignment on 1984 and it's association with power. I'm using the text as well as The Matrix for my paper. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can use these together....could you let me know...thanx