PDA

View Full Version : So much for rebellion

A.G
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
1984 was a great book in my eyes, it made me laugh, it made me think, but most of all it made me furious. Not many books have i read that i have been moved so much as this one. Previously, someone compared the happenings of this novel to that of current times, i'd REALLY like to think that nowadays people wouldn't give up so easily on their beliefs, after all "freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" Theres so much suppresion and control in our world today through media influence, so for those living in my world of extended heresy, i commend you. I commend you for having the courage to believe in what you believe despite what is being dictated to you. <br>I loved this book, and although i realise the significance, i hated the ending; No one likes to see the hero fail. <br>If put into Winstons shoes, after everything i had strived to achieve, to have to sit there and watch it all dwindle away before me, i would gladly accept death with honour, and with truth, knowing that i may have betrayed many (including Big Brother), but definately not myself. <br>It was once said by a character of familiar note that “If there is hope, it lies with the proles” In this case, consider me a prole, free with the animals of Oceania, holding dear hope for a better future. <br>