PDA

View Full Version : YOU WILL RUE THE DAY

BIG BROTHER
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I read 1984 back in 1999 when the first Matrix movie came out, they have quite a bit in common, along with the movie American Beauty. It seems that technolgy is en route to becoming more similar to big brother the watchful eye of the government every year. It seems that most of us are living in the matrix, the redundance of the working man that eventually deadens our senses until one day you realize life is short, and that sitting in a cubicle all day every day such as our character in Office Space is not how any man should live. If you turn off the t.v. and turn your cheek to the mass media, advertising, and keeping up with the joneses and live for yourself instead of a 2 story house with a 3 car garage and a benz c-class. Brand recognition is the name of the game. People associate brand names with quaility, when the brand name is just the label glued slapped or sewed on to the mass manufactured product. The american dream so many people are working for is materialistic, how can you possibly be happy when you care what your peers and collegues think when you wear wal-mart or good will cloths. All your hard earned money goes to producing this image about you for shallow marterialistc people to accept you. When you will find that there are plenty of people out there that do not really care about your money, cloths, or cars. Those are the people you should surround yourself by. The media seems to have a big role in telling people how to live. Get rid of all the excess baggage in your life, it might even include people. I'm writing this as much for myself as anyone else, life is too short to try to live up to the image of other people, work life a farmer and party like a rockstar.