PDA

View Full Version : the scariest truth

John
09-18-2002, 01:00 AM
Also did you know that in some cities (USA for instance) there are microphones around the city reportedly to 'listen' for gunshots so that the police can respond more quickly but who knows what else is being recorded.<br><br>CCTV cameras are everywhere even many small towns are covered now. Most 'A' roads and all motorways have cameras for traffic monitoring so basically you are watched wherever you go.<br><br>As you say who monitors the press or in the UK basically Rupert Murdoch.<br>You have to watch foreign TV and read their newspapers to have a chance of knowing the truth. This can be sifted from all sides propoganda. Al Jezeera Tv was markedly different in its coverage of post 9/11 events for instance.<br>

jenni
05-21-2003, 01:00 AM
Dave's essay has an error- he used the wrong "their" in paragraph three. It should be "Supposedly [there] are laws...", instead of "supposedly their are laws..." lol

Unregistered
06-07-2004, 01:00 AM
Great point! I'm reading this book in school, and since I've read your opinion, the wheels in my head are turning....thank you! I'm not sure I'm going to be able to sleep at night, however, I'm still glad I read this. :)

not the nobody you know
01-21-2005, 05:58 PM
"And these are only the beginning of the things which Big Brother tells us. We neither chose our presidential candidates, nor who selects them, nor even chose them directly. We're merely given one more choice than Iraq, or any monarchy or single ruler government, solely to indicate to another what choice we would prefer made, without the choice to reject the options and find another."<br><br>And thus the disillusion throughout America is revealed: We Do NOT Have a Voice. We do vote in the masses, but how many of us really choose our candidates for their ideals? We choose them for their looks, their publicity, and their manufactured speeches created by someone in the backroom. The electoral college is misunderstood by many, as one of my teachers told me (quoting many politically ignorant people). The colleges have more say with 12 people than 2,000 people have. <br> Remember Carnivore? The Patriot Act? Racial Disputes? Profiling on Airplanes? Exactly how much do we trust this truly white america? (also note everyone blames the blacks, the mexicans, the pollocks... but never does one white blame it on their own kind. Blacks are known for crime, Mexicans known for illegally entering, but whites..... )<br>

siena
03-18-2005, 01:00 PM
I agree that Big Brother is increasingly becoming more hi-tech BUT, so are we all. And, we are more informed than any generation. In fact the popular opinion is that there is indeed an explosion of knowledge. Our children will grow amidst a plethora of technology. It will become harder for governments to keep the people in the dark.<br>The media checks everything ad infinitum.<br>I at the ripe old age of 65 years do not share your gloomy forecast. I believe that technology has brought the world closer together than anytime in the history of man.<br>As I sit here in my room safe in my home and read the words of Orwell, I can see where it might have happened indeed probably would have happened had it not been for the invention of the personal computer which allows me to commune directly with you acroos this great distance. Therefor I say to you it will not happen. There will be no Orwellian future.

Unregistered
04-26-2005, 10:44 AM
try visiting www.infowars.com for a look at what is really going on in our world today. George Orwell hit it right on. Apparently he was able to see what few others had been able to in his era.

Alina
04-27-2005, 10:47 AM
The thing that Orwellis is showing in the book is that peole KNOW that every little thing they do is watched and they are ABSOLUTELY FINE with it.

Dave
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
We need to read, and educate ourselves, and our future, with the broadest range of literary works, such as this, which encourage both the thought into possibility, and the exploration into the current reality of which we did, do, and likely will live in. How easy would it be, if it were so black and white as Orwell makes his 1984 appear to be. How easy would it be to accept if we were told that we were being watched by this devices line of sight, and listening devices were placed everywhere. How obvious would it be if we were to be blatantly subjected to forced indoctrination in the harshest of manors. How easy would it be to sell freedom and responsibility for comfort when we were told we were doing that.<br>But Big Brother doesn't make himself so obvious to our society. Big Brother is smarter, sneakier, and more invasive than that. We are not told today where we are watched, yet still can be watched in 3D with camera's smaller than the head of a pin. And we can be heard by invisable lasers pointed at a solid from a mile or more away. We can be tracked from space with satellites with a reported resolution of less than one foot (we can see tire tracks in the mud with hi-res black and white sat photos). Under the affects of local anesthesia and GPS transponder with biometric and biological recording capabilities can be implanted without our knowledge, say, in the base of your skull, where it would not be noticed, in under a minute.<br><br>And these are only the beginning of the things which Big Brother tells us. We neither chose our presidential candidates, nor who selects them, nor even chose them directly. We're merely given one more choice than Iraq, or any monarchy or single ruler government, solely to indicate to another what choice we would prefer made, without the choice to reject the options and find another.<br><br>How far has Big Brother gone, where is Big Brother headed, and what does Big Brother really know? Who can verify what our 'free press' reports? Who checks and rechecks where the information the media reports to us? What plausible lies are we constantly fed until they become fact, and get changed slowly a bit more? Supposedly their's a law that states subliminal advertising may not be used, but how is this checked, and to whom does it apply?<br><br>1984 is a work of fiction, created in one man's mind, describing a fear of what could become. By no means does a mere novel have to become fact. But the science fiction of today is what drives us to create that science fact of tomorrow. For anybody who doesn't believe that some men are intelligent enough to see the patterns of the future, I invite you to read some of Joules Vernes novels', and see what technologies he foresaw. . . .