PDA

View Full Version : Animal Farm and Pink Floyd Animals

Raivis
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I read Animal Farm after I listened to Pink Floyd album Animals (1977) and I started to understand many things in connection between album and the book.<br>The album sounds like based on the book. The lyrics explain that. There are 5 songs in the album : Pigs On The Wing (part1), Dogs, Pigs (Three Different Ones), Sheep, Pigs On The Wing (part2). The animals in the album do the same things as in the book. The album has social critics as in the book.<br>I am looking for information about the connection of the book and the album by Pink Floyd. Can you help me? Send your e-mail to [email protected]<br>Thank You!

pwt13
01-19-2007, 06:27 AM
I read Animal Farm after I listened to Pink Floyd album Animals (1977) and I started to understand many things in connection between album and the book.<br>The album sounds like based on the book. The lyrics explain that. There are 5 songs in the album : Pigs On The Wing (part1), Dogs, Pigs (Three Different Ones), Sheep, Pigs On The Wing (part2). The animals in the album do the same things as in the book. The album has social critics as in the book.<br>I am looking for information about the connection of the book and the album by Pink Floyd. Can you help me? Send your e-mail to [email protected]<br>Thank You!

yeah ur right there is a connection between the novel and the album. Howver, only with the songs Dogs, Sheep, Pigs (three different ones). The songs Pig on the wing 1, Pigs on the wing 2 are more of love songs roger waters wrote for his wife caroline.

More info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animals_(album)

pwt13
01-19-2007, 06:28 AM
oh and seeing as you have heard the album, i'd recommend you to get some weed, settle down comfortably sometime in the early evening. put your legs up, puff away and listen to the album. it will be *much* clearer that way. trust me.