PDA

View Full Version : Russian Revolution

Tracy
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I am in my first year of high school, as a freshman. We had to read this book, and compare it to the Russion Revolution. Then we had to write an essay on all of the characters and events, and take a test. I thought it was so interesting! I just wanted to encourage everyone to read this book, and link it to the Russian Revolution!

Heyyy!
03-28-2007, 07:54 AM
yeah we have been given an essay to write on a simliar thingg, explore how george orwell challenged his society through the animal farm ..

so we have to include examples from the russain revolution and so on.

any help would be great, because at this moment in time.. i think im going to fail :)

lol
thankss xx

bazarov
03-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Visit wikipedia and read other threads on this book, it has been mentioned for more then several times. Examples more then 15, at least.

schammers girl
04-12-2007, 08:38 AM
every school seems to do animal farm!!
god all the teachers must have nothing better to do!
can't say i'm sharing your liking of the book, i found it boring and predictable. i guess it does have everything to do with the russian revolution but i'm studying the book for english and i already do history!

Rolandokun
04-12-2007, 08:53 AM
power hungry pigs, all i got to say about it

LtotheJ
04-12-2007, 09:07 AM
What is there to say about it? They are weak and cower behind a big mass of nuclear weapons

Nightshade
04-12-2007, 01:17 PM
How about if you dont like the historic comparison taking it further and relating it to all humans as it were, generally.
Can we ever suceed in changing things or are they the way they are because this is the only way they can ever be?

Does 'evil' always trump 'good'?

Can greed and power even be considered evil?

If we allow ourselves to be led can we blame the leader?

kilted exile
04-12-2007, 02:01 PM
What is there to say about it? They are weak and cower behind a big mass of nuclear weapons

I am struggling to see what nuclear weapons has to do with the Russian Revolution :confused: :confused:

Like Night suggested, even if you dont want to focus on the history aspect there is still plenty to write about from a human nature aspect.