PDA

View Full Version : 1984 Themes-Concepts

RaspberiHevn
05-14-2003, 12:42 AM
I searched on google for possible themes I'd like to use in my term paper. So far I haven't found anything remotely fascinating. I want to top this girl in my class who's writing about food, well it's actually "chocolate" :D haha

She's relating to Orwell's telescreens, about how the gov't is controlling our diet with propaganadas, etc. etc. Can anyone help me think up something cool to write about? I need a really good topic ;) I'm not good at writing anything political or economical. Please help! Thank you very much!

imthefoolonthehill
05-14-2003, 11:35 PM
Ok... I just finished a (literally) 20 page paper on 1984 and Brave New World... I should be able to help.

My main topics that may be usefull to you:

Truth-the destruction of truth in both books and in modern day... how people are making truth relative. How certain universities only teach politically correct history... etc

Hate: How the government in 1984 prodded the people into a hateful frenzy and how some countries may be doing so today.

The destruction of the individual

The reduction of thought

Technology in 1984

The definition of insanity

ok... that should give you a start... in my paper, I mostly looked at the differences in philosophy in 1984 and Brave New World. I also looked at how they accomplish certain objectives neccessary for complete and absolute power/control.

I easily did 20 pages and could do at least 30 pages comparing and contrasting 1984 and Brave New World... If you are looking for a really good topic and have few time constraints, read Brave New World and compare and contrast the two.

imthefoolonthehill
05-31-2003, 02:59 AM
does that help at all????