PDA

View Full Version : Not just about Russia

BOB
02-21-2004, 02:00 AM
I totally agree with you on this, that i tink george orwell did a tremendous story and his characters and themes. I also feel srongly for the working classs such as boxer clover the horses who were shunted aside even though boxer himself had very little time till retirement . <br><br>The simalarity between the soviet union is extrodinary and most amazing.<br>I also think that the comparison between peopl is very well thought out and planned well. <br>examples.<br>mr jones - czar<br>manor farm- russia <br>old majors drram- das kapital the communisst manifesto<br>beasts of englend- thr red flag<br>mollie -boulosie <br>moses the raven- religion<br>sugarcandy mountain-heaven <br>and many many more

Unregistered
02-21-2004, 02:00 AM
I am reading Animal Farm right now and it seems pretty cool. I have to read it for school and I am on Chapter 3 right now.

Dayna
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I read the book ,Animal Farm, back in 1975. and I wrote an essay<br>at that time comparing what I believe is the theme of the book and<br>how it can be related to all countries around the world, not just Russia.<br>Theme<br>1. Struggle for power, over throwing governments/ by force or elections.<br>2. Maintaining Power, via propaganda, military force.<br>3. Propaganda,[media] used to control the mass or keep them ignorant.<br><br>The book illustrates why a society of fairness, equality would not work,<br>how power corrupts the individual/groups of individuals. But more <br>importantly, I think that Orwell was trying, through this story, to <br>enlighten people to the realities of how they are being exploited/fooled<br>by governments, indiviuals, special interest groups, big bussiness, etc.<br><br><br>