PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

ruxandra
03-17-2005, 06:17 PM
this is everywhere! Even in countryes that call themselves democratic. I'm from Romania, they have replaced the comunist system in 1989 and .... I let you guess. And in last month they vandalized some private houses entering with gun machines and special forces WITHOUT any mandat! And without telling the people there for what are they acused (if they are). The reason? They are in a yoga (!!!) organization that tryes to show people the truth about the political system and the guvernement. Incredible for XXI century, we are like in Middle Age.

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I read Animal farm in 1983 and I still will continue reading it given it is available; I was then in Form One.<br>However, I find this book clearly reflecting the political situation in my country, Uganda.<br>When Yoweri Museveni came to power in 1986, he criticised the former regimes for adapting the policies of the World Bank and IMF,which he later followed word for word without question. To him driving Mercedes Benz and using toothpaste was a luxury not worth spending tax-payer's money on. 17 years down the road, the man is using more expensive cars than the Benzes and weekly international tours have become the order.<br>Power corrupts!<br>Everyone comes criticising the predecessor only to fall in the same pit.