PDA

View Full Version : Call of the Wild

Unregistered
03-17-2005, 05:35 PM
I don't mean to be rude as to saying that you are only a child, but when Jack London wrote this book, he did not mean in any way for it to be a children's story. This book has great depth and meaning to it that a mere child could not comprehend. You have to understand about what was going on during the time period he wrote the book and the problems Jack London was going through in his life.

Keyoni
05-24-2005, 06:03 PM
The Call of the Wild is a book for people who are interested in fighting and superiority. As apposed to people such as myself who could hardly bear reading such a sad story involving injuries and deaths of innocent dogs. I'm not one of those strange obsesive people who go out of their way to help protect any sort of animal, but I do care that some one can just open this book and read it without cringing or being sadend the slightest bit. Overall it was a good book, I wish though that Jack London had been a little less graphic for the sake of the fact that I'm only a child and am easily sadened by death.