PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

karina
03-11-2005, 05:32 PM
i think the same thing if u look at it closely u can see in the movie a guy hung how can see see a rabbit therefore she is on her drugs it is basiced on that but doesnt show it they took it from it obvisily this is covering up 4 what is truth she is on drugs!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
03-17-2005, 11:35 AM
Lewis Carroll wrote these books at a time that acid wasn't invented. In fact its all based on satire of his times....

Unregistered
03-17-2005, 05:12 PM
Well i undouptly agree about the acid part but i have to add: if you read the book on acid and still can't get it, eat some mushroom and go aout for a walk.. you'll get it then!

Unregistered
04-27-2005, 04:23 PM
it's true and very obvious it is a story that was made while someone was on some type of mind altering substance. i girl i son one big acid trip that's y it's full of colors and weird animals.. the chester cat is smoking out of a hoooka (water bong) there magic cards running around the rabbit that drinks the tea at tea time is on speed .. he can't stop running. she drinks the lsd drom the bottle and eating the cookie which probabkly haas like an acid tab in it or weed baked in. all of it is a big acid trip a girl has and theres no arguing.

Tiz
04-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Brianna, I don't like to debunk your well-researched, well-planned argument, but I'm afraid to say that you could not possibly be correct about this book's meaning. Acid didn't exist until 1943, and the book was written in 1862. So it couldn't possibly be an acid trip. I'm guessing it was an opium trip...that stuff's WICKED!

brianna
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I read both the alice stories and have studied the books really thouroughly. For some reason i can't get a picture out of my head of a young girl on an acid trip, stumbling through an uncharted realm eating mushrooms and drinking from unmarked bottles. I think this story has more to it then most others would see, Its connected to philosophies of life aswell as a great trip story. There is no one who actually knows the real story behind this story , the only way to find out is to ask lewis carroll A.k.a charles dodgeson, who is dead now... So we will never know all the secrets and in a way that is what makes the book so great. everyone can find something in it that relates to your life, whether your a child who loves to dream or a acid head who loves to trip This book is great for everyone. <br>ofcourse i think its an acid trip that is very mind expanding there is hidden meanings behind every adventure alice encounters, read the book while your on acid and it all will become clear. It really makes sense!

tubedisaster
10-14-2005, 03:57 PM
the stories were written at a time before acid had even been invented. But mushrooms, DEFINATELY. opium, maybe.

starreader13
03-05-2006, 03:03 PM
I can't even believe how you could relate this to drugs, the whole point of it is that alice has been forced to study poetry, and she fell asleep one time because she was bored at her sister's reading a book w/out pictures in it. most of the novels plays on messed up nursery rhymes, (hence jabberwocky in 'looking glass' and others) and how her young mind messes w/ them in her dreams. carroll wrote these after telling them as stories to his young nieces, and i'm pretty sure (not positive though) that carroll worked for some time w/ the church, so there is no way that he intended them to be a little girl on an acid/opium induced trip.

it's just a little girl's imaginings, and plays a little on the process of growing up

Mr_Jones
07-01-2006, 02:14 AM
Laudnum (a mixture of opium in alchohol) was a popular pain-killer at the time - [Shelley, Byron et al. were into it 60 years earlier and Arthur Conan Doyle's hero was mainlining a 6% sol'n thirty years later]. Opiates were the active ingedients in childrens' cough mixtures well into the 1930's - that sure kept the little buggers quiet! :goof:
It is possible Alice was drugged into quiet conformity or that Carroll was writing under the influence of a (prescribed?) pain-management treatment
Or not, it's only a theory.

SoundOnPekes
12-30-2006, 12:57 PM
I think we're doing Carroll (and all other creative artists) a grave disservice in suggesting that the Alice books could not have been written by someone who was completely sober.