PDA

View Full Version : Alright, here goes...

waxmephilosophical
05-07-2003, 07:13 PM
I just wrote this on my lunch break. (Be honest, my feelings won't get hurt...this was just jotting down my thoughts)

How Would You Have Me?

How would you have me carry myself?
Tall, stately, and graceful no doubt.
But what if I stalked with an unhappy pout,
or slumped as I stumped? Would it irk you, pray tell?

How would you have the look on my face?
Would you rather it smiling, pretty and fresh;
or thoughtful and subtly ingenuous?
I think I'll wear it sincere, if only for today.

How shall I place myself in my chair?
Should I look decided and plant both feet firmly?
Or perhaps I could wiggle my shoe and look dainty.
And then, if you'd like, I could twirl my hair.

I've suddenly realized with such clarity
that my soul writhes with every concession I make.
I'm finding my voice with so much at stake.
You've forgotten the beauty of oddities.

Shea
05-07-2003, 11:41 PM
I really like this one! Especially the last line. I work with the public in a "ritzy" shopping center. We get people in there of all different kinds. And because many of the shoppers there are wealthy, you get an eye for who's "staging" their appearance. But my favorites are the ones who don't really care how others see them. You can pick out their beautiful oddities rather quickly and that's what makes it so much easier to talk to them and be friendlier myself. The ones who stage their appearance miss out on so many friendly people!

Shea
05-07-2003, 11:43 PM
I really like this one! Especially the last line. I work with the public in a "ritzy" shopping center. We get people in there of all different kinds. And because many of the shoppers there are wealthy, you get an eye for who's "staging" their appearance. But my favorites are the ones who don't really care how others see them. You can pick out their beautiful oddities rather quickly and that's what makes it so much easier to talk to them and be friendlier myself. The ones who stage their appearance miss out on so many friendly people! So how would I have you? The way that your most comfortable! :D