PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I am a Chinese reader, for me, English is a foreign language, so it's hard to understand the novel because of the cultural difference. But i believe one thing every human can understand, that is human emotion. The deepest impression this novel has given me is the love between Heathcliff and Catherine, that is the purest love, a love from two souls, and the two souls are of the same.From common point of view, both H and C are strange people.They are wild, willful, cruel, selfish, but they love each other wholeheartedly, they see each other as their life and soul, their love is above common love, a little like immortal love which does not belong to human.<br> I feel strange only about the relationship among family members, in my eyes, they act only as if they are strangers, they do not care about each other's feelings as we Chinese do. I donot understand why Esabella must leave her brother after married Heathcliff, Hareton is Catherine's nephew, but after his father's death, Linton does not take care of him.