PDA

View Full Version : wuthering height

someone
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I think this book is really hard to understand and I don't like it. I wouldn't suggest reading it. We have to read it for school so that is the only reason i would have ever picked up the book.

Pensive
10-14-2005, 04:47 AM
Have you understood this book completely? If you have not then you should not say that it is not a good book. First try to understand it then you might like it...

13blackroses
10-26-2005, 04:53 AM
You didn't like it? I just finished it and i absolutely love it

Dark Lord
12-16-2005, 01:15 PM
yeah i thought it was impossible to understand but going deeper i kinda like it

Virgil
12-16-2005, 01:50 PM
I've always considered Wuthering Heights to be the greatest English novel of the 19th century. That's saying a lot.

Flora
12-21-2005, 08:30 AM
It is quite deep, i suppose, but i asolutly love it.

we_rum
01-09-2006, 01:34 PM
I agree it's one of the greatest books ever, but I don't think it's particulary deep. Try reading Finnegans Wake or...the Bible lol. It's pretty straight foward, the hardest thing is applying Brontes language to your own contempory lexicon and keeping up with all the characters and their relative timelines. The actual story is simple. Man loves woman. Man loses woman. Man becomes bitter and sets about destroying everything around him. It's not exactly Hamlet.

sdr4jc
02-23-2006, 12:41 PM
This book is absolutely fantastic! And the language is one of the best features! It has just enough "class" to make it a masterpiece, but not so much that it ceases to be believable.

The confusion for me is that nearly every character name is repeated in a second generation of characters! I mean, there's old Earnshaw, then Hindley Earnshaw. Then Hareton Earnshaw. Then Catherine and her daughter Catherine! And Edgar Linton and then young Linton Heathcliff! If anything, that's where most people will stumble with the plot. I have read it so many times that it's completely clear to me now, but the first and even second times, wow!

slandzsh
01-09-2007, 04:45 PM
actully i don't like this book,but i've to finish my paper about this book
is there anyone who can help me?

liesl
01-15-2007, 06:30 PM
i had to study this book at college, i loved reading it although it did demand concentration. Even though i thought i completely understood it and enjoyed it me, and many others at our college, got terrible marks in our exam..but i would definately read it again for leisure.