PDA

View Full Version : THIS WAS A WASTE OF TIME

Isaac
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
this was the sadest book i ever read. It had no point and everyone knows theres no such thing as a time machine

gumption
09-06-2005, 07:33 AM
You need to use your imagination or just stop reading sci-fi altogether

minicooppunk
01-16-2006, 06:54 PM
You definitely need to open your mind and also learn how to spell. i.e. *saddest*, *there's* The Time Machine was not a waste of time for most who have read it, but to someone uneducated as yourself, it is obvious you would say so.

Xamonas Chegwe
01-16-2006, 07:07 PM
How come guests get to start threads on this forum anyway? At least they should be made to register first!

And the whole point of "The Time Machine" is that it uses the future to highlight concerns from the author's own time. As does all the best sci-fi.

Rosie Cotton
03-14-2006, 09:46 PM
I read an abridgement when I was about 8 or 9...I will never read the real version. I would not sleep with the light off for a month. I even wanted to sleep in my parents' bed, and I have never liked doing that. Not even when I was 1 or 2 years old. I've always hated sleeping with people in my bed. When I marry, we'll have twin beds like in the old sitcoms from the 50s. But I wanted to then, because I was afraid of the Morlocks. Not memories I need to respark. I was so freaked out. I was afraid if I turned off the light, a morlock would pop out of the shadows.

emily655321
03-14-2006, 10:05 PM
The unabridged version can't be much longer; it's only about 120 pages, if I remember correctly.

Actually, I didn't like it, either, Isaac. But I think it had more to do with character and plot, and less with complaints of realism.

Charles Darnay
03-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Reading Time Machine was certainly not a waste of time. watching the movie however - different story

cateye515
04-05-2006, 12:09 PM
this book is definately not a waste! have you ever even seen the movie? it was horrible! :rage:

jackyyyy
04-05-2006, 12:31 PM
this was the sadest book i ever read. It had no point and everyone knows theres no such thing as a time machine
But time machines do exist! I was here an hour ago.

cateye515
04-05-2006, 12:36 PM
i agree!!! :lol: :nod:

Psycheinaboat
04-05-2006, 12:44 PM
But time machines do exist! I was here an hour ago.

Of course they do! The Marquis de Sade stopped by just the other day. We drank heavily and he tried to talk me into prostitution. It was wicked fun. We scared my neighbors, though.

jackyyyy
04-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Of course they do! The Marquis de Sade stopped by just the other day. We drank heavily and he tried to talk me into prostitution. It was wicked fun. We scared my neighbors, though.
No way... I don't believe in Marquis de Sade!
Sade, okay. http://www.sade.com/sade/ <<-- time machine.. nice graphics, eh.

Psycheinaboat
04-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Very nice. She has been singing for a long time. She still looks really good.