PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

sonya
02-06-2003, 02:00 AM
Die? yes. he did die as do we all. However, where is the proof that his death was in any means something to mourn. Perhaps he found a place in time that he wanted so much to stay in that he simply never bothered to return. Either way, there is no reason to pity the time traveller. He was able to embark on the greatest adventure ever. Honestly, if you could spend your life travelling from time to time would you ever want to return home?

Unregistered
09-13-2003, 01:00 AM
yes i agree with the above, i think this person didnt grasp the meaning of the book

Unregistered
02-21-2004, 02:00 AM
Does he die? Noo! I haven't finished reading it yet! Damn! Although I do like your point that dying is inevitable, so I should not have assumed otherwise i suppose.

Unregistered
02-05-2005, 09:37 PM
But he did survive, the text only makes allusions to his fate. He did not return to the contemporary time of the story in the end, perhaps because he found something better?

Unregistered
03-17-2005, 11:35 AM
The Time Traveler didn't die. He just went into the future or the past. It ended with Hillyer, the narrator, seeing the Time Traveler go off in his machine. Hillyer was wondering if he would die in the hands of the bloodthirsty creatures of the future, but he didn't know, because the Time Traveler never returned. Perhaps, he simply found a place in time that was more suited for him than his own time. Sure, he eventually would die, but it doesn't say anything about it in the book. I think you were a little confused on that part of the book.

Unregistered
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Up until the last two of three paragraphs, a most excellent book. I did not, however, like the ending. TTT should have survived.