PDA

View Full Version : Awesome book

Unregistered
03-08-2005, 01:59 PM
I reply only to mention that since you enoy reading, the Bible tells us that our God is real and that He is the ultimate Creator. All that come to Him through His Son the Christ may have eternal paradise. We are to hear the Word, believe it, repent of our ways, confess the Son as our Savior, be baptized and remain faithful (not perfect) til death. I wish I was able to quote scriptures off the top of my head, but I wasn't blessed in the short term memory area, ha. I hope you look to the Bible for the questions that life brings.

Arashi
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I must say my twisted obsessedness with such things as vivisections sorta throws a biased view of mine on Moreau, but ehe, otherwise...I found the book very good indeed. I recently read it for English 9 and am now searching for opinions on it, I loved it personnaly. I myself am of no religion, but you could say I am athiest. [ I prefer not to be anything at all]. The whole Idea of Moreau being the god of the island is wonderful. It sorta makes you want to beleive the book is real. I found the detail to be enough to imagine every aspect of the story and the plot was excellent. I love the morals and the subtle messages as well. I do hope to continue reading literature as such and would appreciate any suggestions for reading of the like.

Asa Adams
04-09-2007, 10:42 PM
I reply only to mention that since you enoy reading, the Bible tells us that our God is real and that He is the ultimate Creator. All that come to Him through His Son the Christ may have eternal paradise. We are to hear the Word, believe it, repent of our ways, confess the Son as our Savior, be baptized and remain faithful (not perfect) til death. I wish I was able to quote scriptures off the top of my head, but I wasn't blessed in the short term memory area, ha. I hope you look to the Bible for the questions that life brings.

No spot for this kind of talk in this thread. There is a section for religion. Though you probably wont ever read this, I thought I should say it anyhow.

Where would the world be if we thought only along the lines of Gods wishes? We would not have individuality. We would constantly repent the things we say, and would dare not create our own joys through imagination. I never want to think this way, and fear for those who can't have an opinion and listen to anothers. Like Dr. Moreau for instance. Just a story of madness, and ones perception of God. I am glad that there are people who can express themselves individually and still worship their God of choice.

I was hounded as a young man; This is the one true God..the Only God.
I feared "Him" because He was very unforgiving, and held little mercy in those days! :lol: But I only wished that the church was more open back then, and held their arms open to individuals and other non-christian peoples.

Oh well! Enough Talk of Religion. No place for it here! :thumbs_up