PDA

View Full Version : USAD

Harriet
02-06-2003, 02:00 AM
I have to study this book as part of my English GCSE.... so far I have read 123 pages.... Please kill me now!

Unregistered
03-01-2003, 02:00 AM
I agree with you 100%. I also read it for Academic Decathlon -- it took me over a month to read. It is a decent story, but if someone would've summarized chapters 1-50 for me and I could've read the last 7, I would've gotten almost the exact same amount from the book.

Kane
04-17-2003, 01:00 AM
I must strongly object to the way Jessica's review of far from the madding Crowd i found the book delightful has for her complaints that Thomas Hardy is boring person i pose this question to her could she write a novel back when the book was first published i think not

succubus
04-17-2003, 01:00 AM
I appreciate your age showing in the world of knowledge (that you deem to show the world) in such, be aware......no names of those in the book you read, but read the book in another way. Become a character, rather than a reader. In such you will gain more of what the story portrays to YOU, rather than what, you PORTRAY the story to yourself. <br>We all are aware of the love of love, and the love of greed, both are portrayed. Give unto one, yet try to let go of the other. <br><br>In the land of today, you adore to hold, give of every breath to Mary......Meantime Mary, cannot give you the position your whole life has been working towards......both monitary and sacrificing. Jane in the meantime can give you that....... Jane, be she both of the stance and the title you work towards is of one mind. She desires only the unattainable........ YOU!, within this, Jane loses focus when she discovers that she can be that one desirable person you look upon and you can own now quite easily.....yet...within only a touch of this and possession, your heart is pulled out of your chest violently when you are confronted with knowledge of not only your true love, but also a lost never to be known love (your dead child)<br><br>Be aware of the time, and the circumstances that beheld such times. <br><br>With that, I shall try to find my walker and make my way to the bathchair...<br><br>May the force be with you.

Unregistered
03-21-2005, 02:50 PM
I can see why you were so bored with the book, you really belong in that decathalon, especially because you cannot even spell academic right (acadimic). Maybe you should actually take the time to read the book an think about how it can apply to you. Lets see you write a book like that, then send it to me and I will read it and then lets see if your's is as good

Jessica
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Im reading this book for AD ( acadimic Decathalon) alos and i got to tell you it is the most drawn out book i have ever read! This book takes forever just to describe a pocket watch. I think that thomas Hardy had extreamly too much time on his hands and would have to be and extreamly boring person to be able to write such a book as this. The story behind the book and the point he is trying to get across is well taken and very practical but he could have just as well have said it in 130 pages as he has in 415 pages!

kelby_lake
11-13-2012, 12:51 PM
If FFTMC is the most drawn out book you've ever read, you can't have read many books.