PDA

View Full Version : Can you say BORING

tulegirl
11-06-2002, 02:00 AM
I have to read this book for academic decathalon, i go to tulelake high school. i tried reading one page out of the book and i was so bored. You I hear you loud and clear.

LOSANGELSDECATHLETE
11-23-2002, 02:00 AM
Yeah..we're readin the book for decathlon and at first we all were bored, but now the whole team has read it atleast once and now we're all reviewin it our 3rd time. GO FRANKLIN PANTHERS!

Unregistered
12-19-2002, 02:00 AM
Yeah, ive got to read it too. its REALLY boring.

Upside-Downing
02-06-2003, 02:00 AM
I Have to read this book for Academic Decathlon as well. I had a really hard time reading about the first 75 pages or so, but after that the book became some what of a soap oprah. Thanks soooooo much for your info. on where to get the chapter by chapter summary of the book. Thanks a lot! GO DEMONS! (Durango High School)

Queen
02-06-2003, 02:00 AM
Yeah, I've got to read this book too. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how the novel turns out), I haven't even started it...Heck I don't even know what the cover looks like! (sigh) Oh Well. Wish me luck, I guess. These notes really help, though (but so many chapters! sheesh!). Aha, I guess I wasn't the only lazy one out there, who decided to just go to the website and read ABOUT the book instead of actually just READING the book. Go figure. ^.^

Dan
04-16-2003, 01:00 AM
Yes this book is boring as hell, but what you have to recognize is Thomas Hardy's brilliance. He is an amazing writer and his vocabulary stretches beyond what most people could even dream of having. Saying that, FFTMC is the most boring book i have "read" in my life. My eyes tend to slip off the page every page or so and when i do eventually finish a chapter i forget what the hell it was about! Just search for a summary and save yourself months of boredom and social neglect!<br> I too am forced to read this book, but i live in England and it is for my GCSEs. you my not have heard of them but i think they're kinda like your decathlon thing. I am 14.

HPF
09-11-2003, 01:00 AM
Once all you contributors above start your careers with McDonalds, you'll be pleased to know you'll never have to be trouble yourselves with brilliant books by brilliant writers. I know, large books full of big words and no pictures must be such a challenge for your stunted brains. Never mind, there's always the TV to turn to when you're too stupid to get past page one of a classic.<br>Now, I'll have large fries with that Big Mac, please, serf . . .

aarrgghh!
09-11-2003, 01:00 AM
im 15 and i live in the uk, im going into my last year of secondry school and im currently on my summer break. We have to read, analyse and do a 1000 word essay on this book! i haven't even touched it since we broke up. today i read some and it really is a load of poop. the whole chapter about trees is really great *sarcastic* grrr. back to reading now hey

Kendra
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I have to read this book for academic decathalone too! I go to Rocklin Highschool and I think I'm about five pages into the book and I'm already bored with it! If you are forced to read this book then I recommend getting the foot notes! All you have to do is go to google.com then search under "Far From The Madding Crowd" click on the site that says "spark-notes" and you'll get a narative of each chapter! HAVE FUN! I know I wont!

wooo
03-27-2006, 02:28 PM
well here is a different opinion... i actually found the book quite interesting! the more you read into it the more you get out of it!!! i forced myself (my own choice! yes!)to read the book and thought i would write my first AS English essay on it!!! we got to choose the title we wrote about, so i wrote about the things that interested me in it! i.e. the way women are treated!!!! But heres a tip the first time you read it skim through it get a rough idea of the story and what happens where in the book, then when you come to write about one aspect in detail you can just go over that bit in depth. though, to be honest, personally i am glad i had to study To Kill a Mockingbird for GCSE! but if you want to go and study english Hardy is an important person to have a few ideas about. ps think you have got it tough?- try analysing some of his poetry!!!

FelixFuriku
11-02-2006, 01:52 PM
I'm doing my GCSE english course and I'm 16, and at first I didn't enjoy this book, but it becomes more toching through the chapters. And the characters become more lifelike

Bathsheba Everdene is who we are studying in my class, and she has a very interesting character.

Don't say it's boring until you've read it all.

downing
11-10-2006, 04:45 PM
what do you think of Batsheba? How is she, after all?

emmsi_*tobyrox*
06-21-2007, 11:35 AM
You can't expect to like a book five pages in!!!

I started this novel last summer, i kept reading a few pages, and stopping, picking it up again and stopping and so on until i sat down and read for a while and LOVED IT!!!! Bathsheba i did not like, however I ADORED Gabriel Oak for his honest and humble nature and me and a friend loved Joseph Poorgrass, because of the way he was described. Only Thomas Hardy could have described him so! Thomas Hardy was a brilliant writer and i look forward to reading more of his novels.

kelby_lake
09-12-2012, 08:06 AM
I love this book. How anyone could not find it exciting is beyond me. It's full of drama!