PDA

View Full Version : Opinion

Unregistered
04-17-2003, 01:00 AM
I have to say that I totally agree with you. I like reading, especially a book with an interesting viewpoint, such as this. Crane seems to venture into the thoughts of the faceless soldiers whose thoughts are never voiced. BUT... I also was forced to read this book, which, for me, always takes away from the experience of reading a good book! I don't really like the way that this works- there has to be another way to get word out about a great book!

Hee Hee
04-28-2005, 10:55 AM
I also greatly agree. Being forced to read any book greatly decreases you're intrest therefore making the book "dull".

Yo Mama
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
The Red Badge of courage is a good book to read under your own volition, but it lacks appeal when it is forced down your throat, as was done to me. The imagery is unparalelled, the use of colors is vivid, and overall it is one of the most realistic books I have read. How ironic that Crane wrote this book in a vacuum of battle experience! I would reccomend this book, but I feel any reccomendation I make has no weight, since it is already a classic.