PDA

View Full Version : TERRIBLE waste of time

Unregistered
02-21-2004, 02:00 AM
you are probobly one of those stupid no-brain couch potatoes who, if they do read anything, have to read comic books with plenty of gore and have no tolerance for awesome literature because you're too dumb to comprehend it. was that clear enough, or do you need it spelled out in words of one syllable? jerkhead.

Unregistered
02-05-2005, 09:39 PM
in light of your condemnation of one of the great works of world literature, might i recommend a dick and jane primer for your next bibliosojourn. i am certain you will find it much more to your taste.

Unregistered
02-14-2005, 02:29 PM
whatever freak! this book is awesome. just cause you fill your head with tv and the such-wow! people these days. no knowledge of anything! go read some goosebumps or something. you are disgracing classic when you read one!

Sophie
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
This is one of the worst books I have ever read. The characters are flat, 2-dimensional, and uninteresting. I could not care less what happens to them. In fact, I would be more than pleased if there was a massive battle in chapter one in which every character kills everyone else and then falls on their own sword. It took me four months to read it because it was so painfully deadly boring, that I could only read a few pages a day before I could not stand anymore. I will enver waste another second of my life reading this trash.

cyberhit1
05-29-2007, 10:56 PM
Wow, so much for (somewhat) enlightened debate on differences of opinion. I do not agree whatsoever with the original post but can find little benefit in such emotionally-charged responses. Ivanhoe is not the best book I've ever read but I found it interesting and, after a slow beginning, a book that kept my attention. I have read WAY too many bad books to rate it even close to the worst book I've ever read. It is anything but that, in my opinion. One way to really screw up the reading experience is to allow a book to take four months to read. Unless you are REALLY digging in for protracted study there should rarely, if ever, be a need to spend months on a book. Stopping and starting can break any kind of rhythym in the reading, and enjoyment, of any book.

B-Mental
05-29-2007, 10:59 PM
yes cyberhit...there was a reason no one had posted on this thread until you revived it 2 years later.

amalia1985
04-14-2008, 07:13 AM
Where have you learned such language? Fans of Literature...Right...