PDA

View Full Version : Doing homework??

Arteum
04-28-2003, 11:00 PM
As a literature lover, I was looking for a quality forum in order to share ideas and opinions with people who enjoy literature as much as I do. I am disappointed to discover, however, a great number of topics and replies that are made with the purpose of completing or getting help on a homework (or related class project). What is even more disconcerting is that some people are lazy enough to open the book and find the easy answer themselves - they find it easier to post a question: "what was such and such a phrase in such and such a book" or "what is the gist of the plot of such and such a novel" and then glean the answer from the responses. Don't you think it's a little unethical? Or maybe the moderators should give a section over to such "mercenary" users?

Admin
04-28-2003, 11:17 PM
Actually I don't think that most of the people here are working on homework.

Most of the site visitors are though, and this site gets over 60,000 page views per day. Yet the forums have only 1000 members and 3,300 posts.

The percentage of people just working on homework is much much lower here than on the rest of the site. Though you do occassionally have people asking obvious homework questions.

Shea
04-28-2003, 11:41 PM
I can vouch for that! I haven't been a student for a while and I don't plan on being one again till fall. Like you, Arteum, I love literature. I found that most of the discussions are people who feel the same way. Sometimes you run across someone doing homework, but that I don't mind (I'm going to school to be a teacher), I like to help. I haven't found anyone yet to help a cheater, though we do get requests for it. I usually give them advice and let them do the work themselves. ;)