PDA

View Full Version : No Subject

slim
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
the odyssey was an epic poem full of misfortune and mishaps until towards the end of the poem.i think that the hero was not as much of a hero as his wife and son for staying true and loyal to him for the whole twenty years he was gone.the only way that odysseus could get his wife back was to slaughter all of the suitors but he did not have to kill the maidens and so on.all he had to do was banish them and if they did return he would kill them.basically the odyssey was a long poem written by a supposed blind guy who wasn't really blind.

Sims2Luvr2121
08-09-2005, 08:39 PM
I need a list of characters of The Odyssesy, bcuz im a klutz and lost my list of characters for school. can someone plz give me a brief rundown on the main characters in the book for example: Odysseus( did i spell that right), Penelope, Telemachus you know the deal...it would be real help full.... :angel:

Scheherazade
08-10-2005, 12:41 AM
http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/odyssey/

Miss_Katie
03-29-2006, 11:42 PM
I agree that Oddyseus is not a very likable character in my opinion. He seems very haughty and he sleeps with goddesses and the like whilst his faithful wife and son are awaiting his return. Perhaps that is just the culture of the time?