PDA

View Full Version : Me in the inside

firestarter
04-28-2003, 06:33 PM
hay i guess its been a little litte while for me, some things have changed.

i drowned myself in my sorrows today.
i let my selfpity consume me.
i cannot brake free from this whole.
where everything is crashing down.
where there is no one to pull me out.
such a life of mine, to let myself be pulled down.
my thoughts used to be strong.
my body limpless.
i am hungover from my own weakness

firestarter

Della~Moon
04-28-2003, 09:20 PM
wow! I love it, you seem to have such a deep passion for sorrow (like me lol :rolleyes: ) and you have an excellent rhythm and movement

firestarter
04-28-2003, 09:40 PM
thank you della moon, i very much appreciate your appreciation for my poem, lol.
firestarter

Della~Moon
04-28-2003, 09:42 PM
your welcome firestarter, (just don't start a fire any where near me K hun LOL ;) )

Phantom
04-28-2003, 11:48 PM
In all i liked it alot.
I really liked the last line for some reason. :P

Shea
04-29-2003, 12:03 AM
Your poem was great! I really liked the first line, the way it sounded made drowning your self in your sorrows sound like a commonplace thing for you. It helped to set the tone for the rest of the poem.

i cannot brake free from this whole.

To me this line made the poem. It sounds like you want to detach from your sorrows, but as I read on, the word 'whole' was transposed in my head to 'hole'- 'where everything was crashing down.'

What a wonderfully sad poem!

firestarter
04-29-2003, 12:17 AM
thank you shea, that is one of the best reviews that i have received from any of my poems yet, and the rest of you.
firestarter

Jay
04-29-2003, 08:43 AM
I see sorrow and other negative feelings are your favorites. I like the way neither of you avoid expressing negative feelings, life isn't only about happiness. If it would be, it would be boring in no time.

Della~Moon
04-29-2003, 03:15 PM
well said Jay, to true.

Koa
04-29-2003, 04:26 PM
I agree...let's vent our bad feelings in poetry eh eh! ;)

I cannot brake free from this whole

I don't actually get it... :rolleyes: lol at first i thought it was just spelling mistakes and you meant 'break free from this hole'... Then i realised that 'whole' makes sense...but what about 'brake'? :rolleyes: (of course i know what it means- i think- but i can't actually get the image...) Could you explain the line to me? I'm a little dumb... ;)

american_bad_angel1407
04-29-2003, 05:34 PM
Wow firestarter, I'm impressed. You seem to contain a deep, intimate infliction of heartache. Nice work!