PDA

View Full Version : i have a question that has nothing to do with poetry!

firestarter
04-28-2003, 06:20 PM
i was just wondering how all you guys found out about this site, so if you could fill me in that would be great
firestarter

Della~Moon
04-28-2003, 09:25 PM
well i was just looking for a place to get a copy of R&J for my english class (left my copy at school and had an essay to write) lol, so i stumbled across this site and have been in love ever since ;)

Shea
04-29-2003, 01:00 AM
I was trying to find the reasoning behind the Countess G-- in 'The Count of Monte Cristo.' Had that question answered and then some! :D

Jay
04-29-2003, 08:29 AM
I was looking for something about John Milton for my work to school. I signed and am here as often as I can 8) .

Koa
04-29-2003, 04:41 PM
I was desperately looking for the whole text of Virginia Woolf's "To the lighthouse", as i already have the book in Italian and didnt want to buy the English version. As i couldn't find the online book anywhere, i posted here to ask if i could know with certainty if it is still under copyright so that i could give up looking for it online. I was hurried and chose just a stupid nickname, cos in my mind i was saying that anyway i wouldnt have been here ever more... But then i started visiting every now and then, and lately i've been here regularly... Well that's my story :)

piquant
05-03-2003, 04:08 AM
I was also looking for the text to books online...The library is always getting on my back about late fees. I wish I wasn't so absentminded! The first night I was on for hours, and now I visit semi-regularly. Finding this place was indeed a stroke of good luck...even if I lost the library's copy of Woman Destroyed.

bladeboy
05-21-2003, 01:33 AM
I was looking to see if I could find Great Expectations online, because I no longer had the book. This is an amazing website, and I compliment the creator(s)!

tjg1098
05-31-2003, 05:57 PM
I just went on MSN, searched for Through the Looking Glass, and here I am lol.

den
06-04-2003, 11:28 PM
Ha... was looking for some Huxley and dystopian stuff... and voila! At the top of the google list, but I'll be damned if I can remember what exactly I asked google to find... :P

Matt
06-19-2003, 02:18 PM
I was under the distinct impression that I was plaggerising somebody when I used the phrase, "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" in the closing arguement of an essay. I typed it into a search engine and ended up here in a short thread about the topic. Finding out I stole from Star Trek was somewhat disgruntling though, since I've never seen "The Wrath of Khan".

apstudent
06-19-2003, 06:40 PM
It is my lifelong goal to enter as many forums and never visit them as I can. Currently, I am at 31,873, and counting. I know nothing about what I talk about, so about the same as most of the people on this site. My screen name is the same for every forum that I am at, so if you see another apstudent, chances are, its me. Some little bratty 14 year old had my screenname on a different forum, so I just had my Mafia friends take care of him. I get them Classic Italian Literature, they keep me protected if you know what I mean.

Eloise
06-23-2003, 03:10 AM
I was looking for an etext too (Alice in Wonderland).

EDIT: I take that back. I just remembered I found it via a link to Ambrose Bierce's Devil's Dictionary from a forum on another site (www.shipoffools.com). I came looking for Alice after that.

scream
07-01-2003, 06:43 AM
i came here when my friend gave me link

waxmephilosophical
07-01-2003, 11:16 AM
Google brought me here when I was looking for stuff on Nineteen Eighty-Four. Then I just started digging around and found the site to be interesting.

imthefoolonthehill
07-03-2003, 03:08 AM
I was looking for a searchable version of Hamlet.